<VV> LM Brakes

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Mon Mar 2 20:03:44 EST 2009

I'll 'third' the motion, Jim......Don't remain on the sidelines!

I've recently returned Corvairs after thirty-odd years of being away, and
the VV forum always has info that I'd forgotten I needed to know.

I just had some brake info that related to my own previous experience, and
knew it was right. Years ago, I converted my '77 Monza to 5-lug brakes
and had some adapters machined-up for the rear axle with the correct
pattern, since the original hubs had the Vega pattern. The 1/2" thick
adapters
were then welded onto the rear axles and I covered them up with the 1/2"
deeper brake
drums, from the REAR of one of my Corvairs.

Mel