<VV> Disc brakes

Larry Ratliff thedove151 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 20:05:01 EST 2009

With all the talk about brakes, I thouhgt it was a good time to ask for an opinion (Yes I know, they are like belly buttons!)

In using disc brakes on a covair:
1. On the front - Discs require more pressure so, with no proportioning valve and more weight in the rear would the rears still lock up under normal stopping?

2. On the rear - Would the fronts lock up under normal stopping?

3. On front and back - Would you omit the proportioning valve due to the greater weight being in the rear?

I'm sure to get the greatest benefit from disc brakes a power booster would be necessary.

I'm planning on all wheel disc brakes with a proportioning valve and vacuum booster.

Comments please.

Larry Ratliff

1966
1968