<VV> LM Brakes vs. Malibu Brakes

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Mar 2 21:53:38 EST 2009

In a message dated 3/2/2009 6:49:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net writes:

One of  the reasons why I can go down the road to an auto
parts store and find  Corvair parts in stock is because the
same parts fit other, more popular  vehicles. Popularity =
profits to stores like Car Quest or Advanced Auto  or NAPA.
LM Corvair brake shoes interchange with my son's '67 small
block powered Malibu - only reversed end for end. As for
reading  instructions (or manuals) you could say that I am
challenged in that  area... - Caveman Pete

The only exception to Pete's and others notes is that the front drums from
the "A" bodies might or might not need a small modification to work on the back
 of the Corvair. The emergency brake linkage needed a couple of holes for
mounting the Corvair links, not needed on the front of the Malibu! Just compare
the shoes to the Corvair parts and "Make it so!"  Some already have the
required layout.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette