<VV> 1964 Radio

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 3 12:22:21 EST 2009

You're not mistaken. But what you are looking at is probably a rear seat
fader. LM Corvairs had just such an option as well, though I'd have to
check year application. It is used on mono radios and consists of a fader
switch under the tuner knob, along with a rear seat speaker (usually in the
right rear corner of the car interior, on the shelf behind the seat. All it
did was put the sound in the back as well as in the front of the car.

BTW I happen to have four of these fader switches in stock and for sale, if
anyone's interested. Asking $25 for the fader (no speaker) and whatever
harness it has. First one gets the most harness. Have pics of them
available.

-Mark

Has
> anyone attempted a modification on Vairs to simulate such a system?  Of
> course, it would require some modification to the rear seat back
upholstery.

> Later, JR
> Still living in the '60s with stock AM/FM from Cheby

Tech