<VV> Knocking noise

David George dgeorge at heritage-consultants.com
Sat Mar 7 19:55:38 EST 2009

I recently reinstalled the powertrain back into my 64 after rebuilding the engine and replacing the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel with a Clark's kit. I broke the camshaft in the other day and aside from some valve train noise I still need to take care of it runs pretty well. When I first put the car back on the ground, I could not get it to go into gear. After shortening the clutch rod three turns toward the back of the car, the problem was resolved and it goes into gear and shifts ok. The problem I now have is that I have a knocking noise that gets worse when I press the clutch in. Does this sound like I may need additional clutch adjustment or is my throw out bearing bad? Thanks!

Dave George