<VV> 140 PG Air Engines

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 00:32:22 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/8/2009 7:59:09 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
GeJohnson at salud.unm.edu writes:

Can  someone expound upon what GM did with these?

Mine is factory  installed, been sitting for years, never apart....   RY smog
code -  correct to protecto plate.    Pings like none other at this point (
as would well be imagined, will get a good cleanup etc).      Sure runs nice
though!!!
Sooo I'm guessing smog heads, offset crank gear  for 140 PG etc.   Anything
else?

-Geoff  Johnson

Geoff,
Really hard to say for sure. We just don't have any reliable info on these
engines from GM. Best info says that the heads were standard issue with
stainless steel exhaust tubes. But that is about all known for sure. They  probably
followed the same assembly equipment as the non-AIR 140 hp  engines.
Regards,
Bob Helt