<VV> 140 PG A/C Engines

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 9 11:20:51 EDT 2009

Yea, you have to watch those acronyms. GM called their smog pump an "Air
Injection Reactor", hence the A.I.R. acronym. Usually we call them smog
pumps; and air conditioned cars have "air" or a/c, or are termed air 'vairs.

Regardless, the 140/air/automatic engines had the offset cam gear, and .010
thicker barrel gaskets, but were otherwise identical to other 140 or a/c
car engines.

BTW, I happen to have a set of those special barrel gaskets for sale, NOS,
if anyone is interested.

-Mark

conditioned not A.I.R.    Same heat load though!