<VV> Great Time at the PW5

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon Mar 9 11:47:34 EDT 2009

Smitty and I  had a great time at the Performance Workshop Five hosted in in Indy by the Local Clubs, primarily by the Circle City Corvair Club.. We left Fredericksburg, VA around 9 am on Thursday, arriving at the host hotel around 9 pm.  Ran into the GoNed group and told non-car stories for a couple of hours at an adjacent coffee shop (Bar). Went to the Indy Raceway museum the next am, then visited a few shops on Gasoline Alley. Helped set up the two large bays.  Gasoline Alley is a great street, with many race teams and support facilities in the area. I could spend six months talking with different folks and seeing what they do, if they would let me.

That night we all met for a very good dinner. Very interesting discussions. Hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. Met several folks and put faces on email addresses. Re-met several old acquaintenances and friends.

The next day we had our Tech sessions and tours after being greeted by very nice hosts and big pots of coffee, fruits, donuts, etc. Lunch included home made chili, sloppy joes, hot dogs, and other things to go along with them plus iced bottle drinks and water.  The tech talks and interactions were great. Several cars were present including a twin-turbo'd late model "Snowball" with electric cooling fan....

Our vendors included both LeVeques, Rick Loving, John Sweet, David Clemens, Seth Emerson, and?   Frank Parker brought his very interesting FI intake manifold and plenum and I brought a couple of fixtures from BlueChipMachine - Russ Davis - for dowelling or set-screwing a crankshaft gear and another for re-threading a crankshaft gear to 3/8-24. If I missed anyone, pls. speak up. Really nice displays of disc brake kits, steering wheels, distributors, NOS parts, gaskets, wheels, spoilers, heads, etc.

Kevin brought very nice event T shirts.

We dropped Tom Knoblauch off at the airport about 6:15 am and left for home, arriving home in Virginia about 5 pm.

If you missed it and couldn't drive a few hours, shame on you. Great time! Great comaraderie, and interesting discussions. Really a good show.

Chuck Sadek
BBRT