<VV> Cleaning and Painting Engine Shrouds

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Wed Mar 11 07:02:26 EDT 2009

My experience with sheet metal engine shrouds agrees with this. By being dipped and hung up to dry as it were it causes blobs of paint to form in some places. When using my glass bead blaster to clean them up for repainting it is next to impossible to get the blobs of paint off. I usually have to chip it off. Again, my favorite paint is Plasticote low gloss black. It's reasonable durable, dries fast and looks right.
--
Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com