<VV> Cleaning and Painting Engine Shrouds

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Mar 10 21:21:02 EDT 2009

I'm believe - based on posts I've read and how the parts look this
makes sense - they were dipped in lacquer.  I'll bet they were baked
after that, to speed up the drying if nothing else.  The durability
of baked on lacquer (or any paint) is amazing.  And by "baked" I
don't mean a row of heat lamps - GM used ovens for this sort of thing.

--Bryan