<VV> Corvair Sightings - Slusher

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 12 20:12:21 EDT 2009

>... a photo of Robert Slusher driving a red LM race car at the May 17th SOVREN event at Kent WA. Or is Kent in OR?  Whatever.  I don't recognize Slusher's name. Anybody know if he is "one of ours"?

Hasn't Bob served his stint as a CORSA western regional Director? I'd
guess that would make him "one of ours" -- resigned about ten years ago
(how quickly we forget), but he is getting to be a bit on the senior
side (sorry, Bob) and just isn't terribly active anymore -- used to race
all the time, iirc ...

I've seen a couple photos of Bob at the Kent (WA) track on the internet
-- I suppose this is one of those.

The red LM is a very nice car, even though it is fast.

Bryan has him listed as a specialty vendor on one of his webpages --
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/supplier.html

You frequently see the names Bob Slusher and Kent Sullivan together, as
having contributed such and such to Corvairdom in general.

Glad to admit that I know Bob, a finer gentleman you've never met, and a
Corvair guy, too!

Bill Strickland