<VV> selling out Corvair people, was: find on the way to work today

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 17 14:23:27 EDT 2009

Partly. But only partly.

The serious note is that we really need to try to keep Corvair parts in the
Corvair world. Especially particularly rare items, like (for example) a
'67-9 tele column. I saw one of those on eBay last fall go to a Corvette
guy. The sad part is that Corvette guys usually use only a small number of
the assembly's parts, and throw the rest away. Which leaves us Corvair
people begging for needed parts. And it's usually the Corvair-only parts
that are the hardest to find.

At present, I'm needing a '67-8 tele-wood column horn contact assembly and
the special shim for that combination. Bet some Corvette person has thrown
out just such parts somewhere along the line..... :o(

-Mark