<VV> Hidden VIN

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:32:52 EDT 2009

Both my old '65 and my current '66 had/have the "hidden" VIN stamped into the side of the passenger frame rail, partially obscured by the front suspension.

I've looked at a couple of other LM Corvairs, in junk yards and they have all had the number stamped there.

I think putting the "wrong" tag on a Corsa would be the worst one to try. A Corsa is probably worth more than most other Corvairs so it would be more likely to have a new owner or the authorities check out the hidden VIN.

Ed