<VV> Wiper motor question

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Wed Mar 18 16:25:27 EDT 2009

Jim,

When the switch is turned off, there is a set of contacts inside the
motor that maintains the path to ground until the motor gets to the
"park" position.  The contacts then open and the motor stops.

If you ground the motor body to the same ground you have the switch
connected to, I think you'll find the motor "parks" correctly.

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, Heart of GA Corvairs and Group Red
(ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm

<snip>

Dumb question of the day.  I have set up my wiper motor and washer for a

bench check.  The motor runs, and has two speeds - my question is how
does it "park"??  When I remove the ground (turn off the switch) it just

stops.  In the car, it will continue to run until the wipers are
parked...  could someone explain?  Or is this motor assembly NFG?
Thanks in advance

</snip>