<VV> oil leak problem fix?

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 20 09:35:13 EDT 2009

This is somewhat confusing.
'Base of the dipstick tube'? Do you mean where the tube enters the block? No
seal there; just a press fit.

'Vent in the PCV system'? and 'proping open the vent'? There's nothing to
prop open, unless I don't understand your description.

There have been cases of leakage between the block and the crankcase cover,
but the repair there is to replace the two gaskets.

Leaking oil on the topside is often due to excessive blowby or a clogged PVC
system.

Harry Yarnell
Perryman garage and orphanage
Perryman, MD