<VV> I Think My Thermostats My Be Shot...

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 03:14:37 EDT 2009

  ...Currently the only thermostat available is the Mexican thermostat, which is
  the original replacement style for fuel injected Beetles made from 1975 to 1979.

  (However, we are advised by Aircooled.Net that they have not been able to find
  a source for even the Mexican-style thermostat since 2004.)

  The factory that made the conventional thermostats has gone out of business, and
  the conventional thermostats are becoming more and more rare -- they may not ever
  be available again. While the design of the Mexican-style thermostat is different, it is
  completely compatible with pre-1975 Bugs. Kits for the Mexican-style thermostat were
  available through Aircooled.Net and California Import Parts, Ltd., but neither of these
   firms currently carry either style thermostat. If you can find it, the kit has everything
  you need (including the new thermostat) to convert to the Mexican design...

  Source:

  http://www.vw-resource.com/thermostat.html

  Tony Irani