<VV> 65 convertible shimmy

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 23 18:57:14 EDT 2009

J R Read_HML wrote:

> And that is why only the [LM] convertibles get the vibration dampers.

My one Corvair convert was a Corsa, ie, a LM, that had the dampers
removed (for body work) and they never got put back in.  Body work was
never finished, either.

Put about a thousand miles on it one hot July 4th weekend with whatever
junk tires were on it at the time (about 1975) and never noticed any
"issues" with the shimmy-shake -- of course,  Back When, I didn't spend
much time at 32 mph, either. It did have 14" wheels on it, fwiw.

Pulled the drive train when I got home (it had passed the 'does it run'
test)  for another project, and that was the end of the story -- silly
of me, it was an original 66 4-speed turbo -- alas ...

Bill Strickland