<VV> 65 convertible shimmy

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 24 01:20:10 EDT 2009

I'm inclined to agree with mike hicks, at least where '65s (and maybe '66s -
I've had both) are concerned.  My current ('65) vert is quite pristine - no
evidence of rust (and none expected).  This car lived in (dry) Sacramento
most of it's life and near LA for a couple of years until I bought it.  Has
not "ever?" seen salt.  It now lives in IL and only goes out after all salt
is off the roads.

It will give me a minor VERY momentary shake at lower speeds on occasion.
I've never paid attention to the speed at the time (but probably around
30ish) since this is my third LM vert and they have all done that.  Since I
normally only drive it in top down weather, I cannot say how it reacts in
top up conditions, but I have no specific recollection of a "top up" shake.
I'll try to pay attention to that the next time I have the top up while
driving.  Don't hold your breath for THAT report.  I usually put the top
down in early summer and leave it that way unless I get caught in a downpour
that I can't outdrive.

The top went down on St. Patrick's day this year (earliest ever for this
car).  That was a fun day.  It went back to the storage location that
evening (top still down) because of the weather report for the next few
days.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110