<VV> 65 convertible shimmy

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Tue Mar 24 02:09:31 EDT 2009

I would call that cowl shake.  My 65 does the same thing.  With the top up
it is solid, and with the top down it shakes at lower speeds.  Some cars
just have it.  I had an 03 Mustang that had cowl shake.  P*ssed me off that
Ford made such a big deal that the convertible Mustang was designed "as a
convertible" and they still couldn't solve it.  And that car was a tad
expensive for such a thing.

Also, 66/67 Lincoln convertible had the canisters.  Not sure of the earlier
ones.

Mike Clark
Stockbridge, Georgia