<VV> 65 CORSA SHIMMY/radial tires

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Mar 24 14:11:58 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/24/2009 11:02:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

more  often it comes into play at a
certain speed and is not terribly violent -  just a momentary wuga - wuga.
Later, JR

My two cents worth.  I first noticed a speed specific "wuga wuga"  (sounds
like a "Car Talk" sound JR) when I switched to radial tires in the late  '60's.
My '66 Monza convert. had it in the mide 30 mph range.  And  both my '68
coupes have had body shake with radial tires (some tires more than  others) as I
go through about 55 mph that was never there with the old bias  tires.  I've
just assumed it was a harmonic of some sort that was set up in  the body by the
overlap of the radial belts.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
steps!