<VV> Star Stuff?

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Mar 24 14:09:27 EDT 2009

All:  When Shaun says: "we are all made of Star Stuff", which is a quote
from Carl Sagan, he has, probably without realizing it, crossed over into
theology.

Personally, I believe we were all created in the image of God, the creator
and sustainer of heaven and earth.

Focus on the Family, which throws all sorts of red flags and not well
contained near irrational rage in some circles, and equally near
irrationally fawning in others, has a program called "The Truth Project"
(TTP).  It deals with "world views", and the consequences thereof.  In 12
DVD's they contrast the world view Sagan (among many others) promoted and a
world view those sympatric to my above statement would/should hold.

If you have any sympathy for my statement, you can do two things.  First,
just for your amusement, contact me off VV and I'll send you TTP's summation
of Carl Sagan's life and work, and maybe the list of topics covered in TTP.
Then you could goggle Focus on the Family and try and find someplace which
is presenting TTP.  Eye opening info.

With these comments, I return you to regular programming.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice

Message: 8