<VV> Appears to Always be in Neutral

Jim dcvjrv at att.net
Mon Mar 30 21:35:02 EDT 2009

I have just rebuilt my 1964 Spyder Convertible drivetrain and reinstalled it back in the car.

Now the problem I have is, no matter what gear I put it in the engine does not turn the wheels.
I appears to always be in neutral.  I did NOT remove or change the shifter coupler, so that shouldn't
be an issue.  Now, I did change the clutch disc, throwout bearing, transmission, and transmission
input shaft.  The transmission was changed from a '61 four speed to a 64 four speed.  I had a
transmission shop go through the transmission and they said that it was in great shape.  It almost
seems as though the transmission input shaft is not there, but I know that is not the case.

Is there any checks I can do to narrow down the problem or should I just bite the bullet and pull
the drivetrain back out.  Ugh.

Thanks to any and all assistance.

Jim V.