<VV> Appears to Always be in Neutral

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Mar 30 21:47:46 EDT 2009

I'll bet you're close in your diagnosis.  The '61 and '64 input
shafts are different, and I'll guess if you put the '61 shaft with
the '64 trans, it doesn't engage the splines.

If you are certain that the trans shift shaft is moving when you
shift (perhaps jack up one side and have a helper more the lever),
then I don't see any way around dropping the powertrain.  Sorry.

--Bryan