<VV> GM press release OMG!

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Fri May 1 06:39:33 EDT 2009

Everyone has opinion but, admit it or not, most opinions are based
on advertising.  The objective of advertising is to influence opinion
and advertisement people know how to accomplish their goals.
GM, and I assume Ford and Chrysler, cannot allow that to be the
basis of their business decisions.  So, they have developed
sophisticated measuring equipment.  They can, and do, measure
'fit and finish' and performance of all aspects of all makes of cars
from all over the world.  GM has finally accepted the reality of the
importance of advertising and you will see how 'everyone' has
been mistaken :-) in some of their latest commercials.

The results are far and away more accurate than any opinion.
The bottom line here is the fabled Japanese quality is gained
far more from advertising than fact.  Bitter as the fact may be
to some, GM cars _measure_ higher quality across the board.
But, if you want to see the best in 'fit and finish' measurements
take a look at a BMW!

Just about everyone has anecdotal evidence concerning a single
given vehicle, or may be even a handful of vehicles.  But actual
measurements will tell the whole story and the simple fact is
'year for year GM vehicles _measure_ higher quality than the
Japanese imports.  Now if you want to say a 2005 Lexus is a
better made car than a 1965 Corvair ...
Ken P