<VV> CPF CORVAIR 50TH MEDIA WEBPAGE

Rod Murray rmurray at anaheimducks.com
Fri May 1 16:27:36 EDT 2009

Hello all,

The Corvair Preservation Foundation has established a media webpage as part of our national promotions efforts for the Corvair's 50th Anniversary.  You can visit the website at http://pr.corvair.org<http://pr.corvair.org/> to take a look at what we're doing.  Summarily, this is a limited-access site (ie for proprietary reasons, some sections require an access code available to media only) that will be regularly updated, and is provided as a convenience to the media who will hopefully use these materials to promote our 50th Anniversary Celebration.

Please note the CORSA CHAPTER EVENTS in the left nav bar.  This is a link to a 50th Anniversary Events calendar.  Thus far, we've listed the events and activities that we are aware of, and would love to add more for national and/or local media awareness.  If your local chapter / club has something planned to recognize Corvair's 50th Anniversary, please let us know so it can be included on this calendar.  Be sure to include a contact person w phone/email along with an information link if available.

In addition, for those of you planning events, be sure to check in with CPF Historian Dave Newell to see if and how the CPF can help enhance your efforts with historical photos for your newsletter and club web site, displays, etc. that will further the 50th Anniversary theme.  Dave's email is chevrobilia at juno.com<mailto:chevrobilia at juno.com>.

At the very least, the CPF encourages all chapters to hold some kind of event on October 2nd, even if it's just your regular meeting with a 50th theme, 1960 Corvair videos, and a birthday cake. We are also designating October 2nd as "National Drive Your Corvair Day" in recognition of the official 50th Anniversary date.

Please send us the details of your 50th-related Chapter events so we can incorporate them into our national publicity.

Best regards,

Rod Murray
Corvair Preservation Foundation PR
Vintage Corsa