<VV> Road Atlanta and The Walter Mitty Update as of 6 pm Friday

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Tue May 5 22:59:44 EDT 2009

We are having a super turnout for our 50th celebration at The Walter
Mitty. The Corvair Racers were out in full force today and we had 6
Corvairs on the track. Some minor problems have been encountered but
all ran and represented us well. Spence Shepard has had engine
problems and is now trying a third engine in his car :-( otherwise we
would have had the seveth Corvair we had expected to compete.
The Corvair car corral had 8 participants and we were placed opposite
the Jaguars. Guess who got more attention ;-)
The Friday parade laps and touring laps were great as we had Racers
and Corral members out on the track for both events.
The weather cooperated all day even though there were several heavy
rain events elsewhere in the metro Atlanta area.
We will do it all again tomorrow and expect to at least double the
Car corral attendance and place 15 -20 Corvairs in the parade laps
and touring laps. It is rainy night in Georgia presently but I think
we will be sunny and dry by tomorrow morning.

Corvair racers:
Dan Gianotti
Norm Latulippe
Michael Leveque