<VV> Cost and AARP - not really Corvair related

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Sat May 2 08:06:51 EDT 2009

Grant,

Can we assume that your father and father-in-law have not been  involved in
accidents or moving violations of any kind recently?  Have they  let their
AARP memberships lapse?  In either case, it would be a strange  coincidence
for both of them to have this occur together but you never  know.  Is it
possible that AARP has ended the relationship with Hartford  and they are no
longer giving special rates?

Have you or they contacted Hartford?  Have you or they  contacted AARP?  It
is AARP's charter to defend older folks against  predatory or unfair
treatment.  They should at least be able to explain  what is going on if not help.
 I suspect that it is  strictly an age thing but if Hartford has a deal
with AARP to give special  treatment to older folks, it seems odd that they
would suddenly double and be  significantly higher priced than other insurers.
It could be something as  simple as a computer glitch at Hartford that
unintentionally changed people to  regular, non-AARP rates.

My neighbor is in her 80's and might have insurance through  AARP/Hartford.
 I will ask her and at least give her a "heads up" so  that a price
increase doesn't slip past her notice.

Doc
In a message dated 5/1/2009 6:04:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

Message:  1