<VV> Jay Leno's Garage

hugh hugpeg at embarqmail.com
Sat May 2 08:21:01 EDT 2009

If you go to Jay Leno's Garage and click on Aircraft and then the B-24 you will hear Jay mention the Corvair when they are talking about turbocharging.  I was interested because the aircraft being flown are owned by the Collngs Foundation and I worked for Bob Collings when he made his fortune which allowed him to initially purchase a collection of significant American built automobiles including Duisenberg, Auburn, Cord, Stanley and many others plus  a wide ranging collection of all types of race cars.  If you are ever in the Stow, Mass area you can make arrangements to visit his collection.  His hanger is a modified Shaker barn with three floors.  We will have a company reunion there in Sept.  We seat 250 people in a section of the second floor.  The lower floor has half a dozen antique aircraft including a Wright flyer, Beechcraft ala Amelia Airheart, German WWII and many others.  You will find a schedule for his aircraft appearances at CollingsFoundation.org.  Give it a try.  They are amazing.  No, his collection does not have a Corvair at last count.  I did not say that he was perfect.