<VV> GM QUALITY

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Tue May 5 15:09:15 EDT 2009

JR,
    I've only had one Pontiac, my present 1995 TransSport (I won't call it a "dustbuster" since Mark reads V V.)  Anyway, in the first 100,000 miles I've had it in to the dealer ONCE for a replacement exhaust donut gasket "somewhere" for $50.  I also replaced plugs myself (with platinum) and plug wires (with son Jim's help) due to an occasional miss (#1 wire had infinite resistance).  The factory brakes had to be replaced at 105,000 miles and the original Delco battery lasted 11-1/2 years (with frequent help from a Battery Tender Plus).   I do all my own oil and filter changes and retorque all the bolts myself when I have tires replaced.  (Who says I'm paranoid?).  The car has never been garaged and has never been washed - that's what rain is for, isn't it?
     With "only" 140,000 miles on it, I'm trying to make it last at least until my finances recover from the recent Wall Street disaster.
     Based on this limited experience, I'd say GM quality is EXCELLENT.  Too bad Pontiac is going the same way as my Hudson, my Plymouth and my Corvairs have all gone.
     Frank "appreciatively" Burkhard

PS Like my Corsa, the TransSport has SIX analog gauges.  What more could you ask for?<GGGG>