<VV> Odd Rattling Noise in an LM

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed May 6 11:37:43 EDT 2009

No, Chevy unfortunately never got it right, this affects all stick
shift Corvairs.  There are two different types of flywheels, 60 - 63
and '64 up.  I'm a little surprised that a bolted flywheel wasn't
installed during the clutch job if it was done with the advice of
someone knowledgeable about Corvairs, but at the same time your
description does point to loose flywheel rivets.  If you have the
receipt for the job, check to see if a flywheel was included.

--Bryan