<VV> coupe sedan

Curt Shufelt curtshufelt at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 6 23:19:48 EDT 2009

ive heard to much im off this group

curt

Using proper terminology is essential to accurate communication so you can think you understand what you thought you heard me say is what I meant. But it's not always as simple as that.

For example, a coupe is always a 2-door but a 2-door is not always a coupe. I've always distinguished the early 2-door models with "B" pillars as coupes and the late 2-door models without a "B" pillar as a hardtop (unless of course it's a convertible...)

As long as I can remember, a 4-door with or without a "B" pillar was always called a sedan (unless of course it's a wagon...but then they actually have 5 doors...or is it 4 passenger doors and a liftgate?)

So, if we follow that train of thought, if there are more than 4 passenger doors does that make it a minivan? Is a Greenbrier a minivan even with 8-doors? Can a regular size van have the same number of passenger doors as a minivan but have to be larger?

All the vairy best,
Rodney Spooner
I love Corvairs!