<VV> Tires

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Thu May 7 16:03:53 EDT 2009

Frank,

     I put 205-50 15's and 225-50 15's on the 65 coupe my son drives.  The front rims with the 205's are 7" wide with a 4" backspacing.  The rear wheels are 8" wide with a 5" backspacing.  There is no problem with clearance on these wheels.  I don't know what the backspacing is on the Camaro rims, but you can use this as some guide when you measure the actual backspacing.  Since you're going to 16" rims, I would say that the 55 series front tire may result in a tighter fit.  I understand that you probably want the tire diameters to be almost identical, but think about the clearance.  Bsides, the slight forward rake looks good.

                 Travis Payne      65 Monza coupe
                 Raleigh, NC       65 500 coupe