<VV> flywheel/ pressure plate combination

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 00:43:37 EDT 2009

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:25:31 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Mark Edmonds <ctmle at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: <VV> Flywheel Pressureplate Combination
> To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
>
> I am getting ready to put a?180 hp engine in a 65 Monza.? The engine is stock internally with?95 hp heads.? I will be?using a two barrel Stromberg carb.? General concensus seems to be to use a 3.27 diff.?to load the turbo.??I expect tires will be on larger rims but approx. stock diameter.
> ?
> The car will be for street, but I also plan to run?some auto cross events and time trials each year.? I have read that using the lighter 'standard' pressure plate provides better acceleration and deceleration.? I am thinking about using the heavier 140/180 pressure plate to have the heavier springs, and using Clarks taper bolt flywheel (C8722) that they say is about 3 pounds lighter (but not as light as their lightened racing flywheel).?
> ?
> Does anyone have experience with this or similar combination?to comment on how the combination may work out?(bogging at start etc.) - any other comments / suggestions?
> Thank you
> Mark

   Mark- I'm running a 3.08 diff with 175/70 tires and the otto late flywheel with the

 140/180 pressure plate on my early (short stroke) turbo, and I havent noticed any

bogging- this may be because the compression ratio on my car is 8.0:1, but whatever,

It is a really nice combination! Yes, it does make the turbo boost harder and faster,

and my gas mileage has increased.

Kevin