<VV> Test and Tune

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Sun May 10 23:31:23 EDT 2009

The Saturday Indy Test and Tune  at Grisom AFB was a great experience
for Amanda and I. My, not quite yet 17 year old grandaughter, had not
even seen an autocross. I'm sure that she was on sensory overload.
     I wish to thank all of the Indy group for making Amanda feel
welcome and for all of the assistance; especially leading her around
the pace laps..
    Amanda had to drive quite posssibly the most difficult car to drive
in SCCA,   The CP Stinger has, expotential Turbo power,, harsh clutch,
large size and no power assists. I felt sorry for her when she turned
the steering wheel, but I wanted her to have all of the excitement
possible, since she probably won't be  able or willing to bear the
expense of regular competition. The Stock Fiero would just have been
too tame for her.
     Amanda is outwardly the most mild mannered young lady that you
could imagine. But in the car she turned from Clarkette  Kent into
Super Girl. You can't teach aggressiveness, but she had it in spades. I
had to literally order her out of the car when it was my turn to drive.
    One of the day's highlights was when her Mother and sister came to
watch. Amanda managed to spin  in the the slalom with her mother in the
car while attacking maybe a little too much. I hear that when she took
her sister Lauren for a ride that the  passenger seat was suspicioulsy
damp later.
    She also got to ride in the  Steve Brinkerhoff's open, powerful,
light Lotus replica with uncle Michael who had previouly set fastest
Dmod time.
      Thanks Indy, Amanda will never be the same. Amanda is normally my
piano student; what a great change of pace for both of us.

Warren