<VV> UNDERGROUND CLEARANCE UPDATE - AD

corvairs corvairs at pacifier.com
Mon May 11 15:50:33 EDT 2009

After a 2 week absence we are once again having our Saturday open house
this coming May 16th.

The customer display/entrance has been moved and subtantially enlarged
to allow for much more access to all those rare and unusual parts that
we are uncovering. It also gives us some space to give you access to
more "mundane" parts.

Saturday May 16th we will be offering 10% off all in stock new parts for
everyone attending and an additional 5% off if you are a current dues
paid member of National Corsa. (The 5% off feature is our standard Corsa
discount for the entire month of May).

Used and NOS parts will be cut even more. If you've been out to previous
sales you know what I mean. The amount of Corvair parts in this main
warehouse is staggering. Access will be provided to all attendees to our
upstairs area normally closed to the public.

So far still no buyer. It's hard for me to believe, but it is what it
is. We are still operating our normal mail order business as we have the
past 35 years and will continue to do so until July 1st. At that time
the operation will shift to complete liquidation of most fixtures,
supplies, etc. We will continue to operate the mail order business but,
as each day goes on there will be less and less available and it will
become more difficult to process the orders.

I do not have to be out of the main warehouse by the end of August but
that's the plan I've set for myself. I may be in here through September.
Like I said, the sheer volume of Corvair parts is staggering.

The future? Well that's evolving. All new parts I have not sold by the
end of Summer will go into storage or be sold online and possibly at
Palm Springs etc.
If I do not find a buyer Corvair Underground as we've all known it since
1974 will go into "mothballs" rather go entirely away. Actually I have a
more exciting plan that I'll present the first part of July.

Obviously the large Underground catalog will go into mothballs as well.
We will probably stop selling them sometime next month. Right now if you
buy one they are still perfectly usable for the next couple of months or
if you're simply a collector. Be advised however, that we have about a 2
week backlog on printing.

We hope to see you this Saturday, but if not, the next open house will
be Saturday May 30th and so on through at least August.

Lon Wall
Corvair Underground Inc.
800-825-8247
www.corvairunderground.com