<VV> rear brakes on 64 Monza

Jay Ciampi jciampi at embarqmail.com
Mon May 11 14:41:05 EDT 2009

I have had problems with the bar that goes between the brake shoes and has a small spring on one end, jamming the shoes apart and locking the brakes up. This happened with the left wheel  so I removed the bar and spring, then a few weeks later the right one did the same thing. I removed that bar too, at least until I find out why this is happening.  Maybe the spring is the wrong size and doesn't work correctly.  The parts on the car are what was there when I bought it last year.

AND  BTW:  whose idea was it to put the star-wheel adjustment hole on the brake DRUM, instead of the backing plate like on NORMAL  cars.

Jay Ciampi
64 Monza Coupe
CORSA member