<VV> Last corvair ride

Connie connierose at q.com
Wed May 13 21:58:07 EDT 2009

I've arranged to transport this fellow to his memorial service this Sunday in the convertible.   In case any of you know him, here is some information.  I did not know him, but understand he lived in the Omaha area several years and prior to that was from Texas.

Friends of Bill Bateman-

As I hope you have heard, our friend Bill Bateman was found dead in
his apartment last week. He died of natural causes, the autopsy
showing that he suffered from an untreated cardiac condition-
enlargement of the heart. He had a heart attack and died in his
sleep. He was only 47 years old.

His wife Terri, his sister Barbara, and I have arranged the following
memorial in his honor. We would like you all to attend, and feel free
to pass the word to other people who might have known or worked with
Bill. At this time we have not yet gained access to his apartment so
we don't have his phone, address books, etc. We are counting on you
to pass the word so that everyone finds out about this and can attend
if they choose.

The memorial will be this Sunday May 17 at the Saddlecreek Bar, 1402 N
Saddlecreek Road, Omaha, NE. We are asking people to come at 6PM. At
that time musicians who will be playing can load in their gear and set
up what they need to. (See information for musicians at the end of
this message.) Recordings of Bill's original music will be playing in
the venue at this time. Please bring any recordings you may have,
particularly older ones. They will be able to play both cassettes and
CDs.

Connie
Iowa