<VV> carburetor exchange?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu May 14 10:20:45 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/14/2009 9:04:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
arendhuismus at xs4all.nl writes:

I'll  check things out, because it starts pinging after half an hour drives
wenn i  hit the throttle and this week it kept on running for two seconds
after i shut  the engine off.

Sounds like overheating, or a lean mixture, or weak spark or all  three.
You said this was a recently rebuilt engine so I wouldn't think  that you
would have anything blocking air flow on the top of the engine inside  the top
cover.  Is your harmonic balancer ok--not slipped?

Others will have ideas for you as well.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in