<VV> Paint code for silver used on cove panel

Richard Bremner rbremner at dircon.co.uk
Thu May 14 13:54:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a '65 Corsa Coupe in the paintshop right now, and am wondering
if anyone knows what the official General Motors paint code is for
the Argent Silver used on its rear cove panel. I already have the
Ditzler and Dupont numbers, but I'm based in the UK, and our paint
supply shops don't recognise Ditzler codes for some reason, and the
Dupont code, which I have as 9296L (is this correct?) comes up with a
silver from 1990. I think I found this Dupont code from a Corvair
website of some kind, so maybe this 1990 Dupont colour is a near-
exact match for Argent silver. But maybe not. The paint shop I'm
using managed to source the correct shade of Sierra Tan by using the
'65 GM code for the paint - a simple 'S' - so on this basis we're
wondering what GM's code for Argent silver is. Any suggestions much
appreciated.

Richard Bremner