<VV> Two-door, Tudor and Tyooder

David B. Neale david.neale3 at ntlworld.com
Thu May 14 14:11:25 EDT 2009

As a fully paid-up Brit of long standing, having been born here, I have
never heard anyone refer to their two-doored car as a Tudor or a Tyooder.

Interestingly, those Brits who own a car with two doors refer to it as a
two-door.  Ford of England, many many years ago, did use, in advertising
material, the word Tudor.  That, thankfully, didn't last long.

Any study of the mechanics of American and British usage and
pronunciation of .... er .... English ...... would reveal more anomalies
and surprises than most people might believe possible.

After all, we call it a tomato, whilst you call it a tomato.  I trust I
have made that point abundantly clear.

David

'65 140 convertible w/ power hood, 4-speed gearbox and defunct mileometer