<VV> Two-door, Tudor and Tyooder

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Thu May 14 14:30:51 EDT 2009

> Ford of England, many many years ago, did use, in advertising
> material, the word Tudor.  That, thankfully, didn't last long.

David - it is this that I am talking about. I have a number of English
sidevalve Fords and a larger number of friends with Ford Tudors, and none of
them seem to have a clue as to how to pronounce the name of their car.

As I said earlier, their efforts are roughly equally split between Tyooder
and two-door. No-one knows what Ford of England intended at the time,
because all the records are written, and so the pronunciation is not
evident.

Cheers

Alan