<VV> 2 or 4 door Corvairs ?

Arlette Carl arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Thu May 14 18:28:29 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I read with interest the comments about how many doors a Corvair should have.

It's my observation that the rarest style of collector car in the future will very likely be the four (4) door pillar less hardtop or Sport Sedan. Why do I believe this?

Consider the following:'

1. Chevrolet built 4 door hardtops for only twenty (20) years. From 1956 to 1976.

2. Almost every country in the world that ever built cars, at some stage or another offered a 2 door hardtop, but few outside the USA offered 4 door Hardtops. The Japanese offered a four door hardtop in the mid 1980s. The Germans offered a 4 door hardtop Mercedes Benz for a couple of years in the early 1960s. But that's the extent of it.

3. Their are even still one or two genuine 2 hardtops offered in current model cars. Take a lot look at a new Bentley coupe for example, but 4 hardtops sadly are unlikely to return which in time will make them unique.

4. Most car shows display line after line of restored 2 door hardtops, but few 4 door hardtops.

5. Many 4 doors hardtops have been broken up and used to restore yet another 2 door hardtop.

6. 1965-1967 Corvair 4 door hardtops are even more interesting in that they are quite probably the smallest 4 door hardtops ever offered.

In my view a late model Corvair 4 door hardtop in a desirable colour combination with lots of rare and correct options is very likely to become as collectable as a Corsa 180 hp 4 speed coupe .

Don't under value any 4 door hardtop.

Regards

Carl L. Kelsen

RHD 1965 MONZA CONVERTIBLE