<VV> 2 or 4 door Corvairs ?

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Thu May 14 18:51:16 EDT 2009

Until your conclusion, your reasoning is excellent... but you must
actively avoid the implication that "rare" equates to "desirable" or
"valuable"... rarity plays a part in both desirability and value, but
not the driving role (otherwise my collection of unusual cars would be
making me richer rather than poorer! ;-) )

Since supply is pretty much static, for a late 4 door hardtop  (happy
Mark?... saw your letter in Hemmings Classics as well....) to surpass a
turbo 2 door hardtop in value (which I assume from the context is how
you intended to measure "collectability") would require demand to change
dramatically... and frankly I don't see that happening.

Bill