<VV> carburetor exchange?

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Thu May 14 20:06:03 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Nall" <patiomatt at aol.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> carburetor exchange?
> a large value of vacuum ( say 4 psi )

> ??I'll buy all you have! ? Box it up!! ?Overnite it! ? GGGGG
>
> I think you mean INCHES of Mercury?? ?27 to a psi! ??
>
> And this reading would be at WOT / ?Maximum rpm.... ? ? correct reading
> then would be ? 1/2" of Hg [ mercury], anything more and your carb is too
> small..
>

> Matt Nall
> Charleston, Oregon

********
remember that the symptom was going pretty flat at 3000 and above ... not a
really good runner ... so I assume a significant amount of absolute pressure
still left ...

Oh yeah, I remember how much fun the factory turbo gauge is for the 180 ...
(g)  ....  makes you wonder if GM's long term failings are related to how
stupid the decision makers thought we were .... ( or maybe knew we were
... ) ...

*********
kin