<VV> GEN/FAN light is glowing

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 15 01:21:30 EDT 2009

OK - alternator.  Internal (non - stock style ) or separate - external - on
the fire wall (stock style) regulator?  If stock, take the cover off the
regulator and gently clean the points - also check the connections for
possible corrosion.  If that solves it, good.  If not. let us know.  I had
at least one instance where water got into the stock regulator and the only
answer was to replace it.

Also - with an alternator, you must REV (say one punch on the skinny pedal)
the engine to "excite" the alternator and the light goes out then.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140