<VV> Raising Air Cleaner

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sun May 17 14:41:32 EDT 2009

All,

There was a webpage that was posted a while back describing how to do this
with some PCV pipe. Anyone got that page?

-Mark

on their engines...few a around.. so I made my own risers.

> Warren LeVeque reported in 2000 ?that he had come to the same findings on
his 140 ?with bored carbs......engine fell flat at higher rpm...yet stock
140 air cleaners is big enough for a 350 ci engine.

> ?It's the sharp / restricted "corner" just above the carbs. ?It must
cause turbulance or stratification. ?Putting the bend at a further distance
from the carbs "mouth" solves the problem.

> I put my unit on a street driven stocker 95 hp ?engine, and noticed a
"seat of the pants" ?improvement at 75 mph on freeways... ?What sold me on
it was a 2 mpg ?mileage increase...no other mods