<VV> 13 inch 4 spoke Cragar mags

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon May 18 00:04:31 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/17/2009 4:56:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dbaker10 at twcny.rr.com writes:

Dave  Thompson Wrote:

>I have a chance to purchase a set of 13 inch by 5.5  inch, 4-spoke / 4-lug
>Cragar SS rims. They are from an early Mustang.  The seller says that they
>have slotted "Uni-lug" bolt holes. I  understand that the Uni-Lug design
>allows mounting on a variety of  vehicles.

>Does anyone know if these would fit an early model  Corvair?

Uni-Lug mags do allow a set of wheels to fit various cars.  However, you
need to be able to find the correct "adapters" that fit into the  slots in the
wheels for the Corvair bolt pattern. That might be a  challenge.

You also need to be careful that the backspacing of the  wheels will work
on the Corvair.

Hope this helps.

Dave  Baker

The early Mustang 6-cylinder had the same 4 on 4.5" bolt pattern as  the
Corvair. If he has the adapters that worked for the Rustang, they should  work
for the Corvair. The lug nuts are wrong, though. You will need the 7/16 -
20 RH lug nuts to match the Uni-lug holes. Fords didn't use the 7/16  RH
threads.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

**************A strong credit score is 700 or above.  See Yours in Just 2
Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585011x1201462751/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&
bcd=Maystrongfooter51709NO115)