<VV> Turbo Carb question

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Thu May 21 17:22:01 EDT 2009

Subject: Re: <VV> Turbo Carb question
******
Like wimmin, you are better off just accepting a YH "carburetor " for what
it can do; don't try for perfection (g) ...  and like wimmin, they are best
when  they are running wide open, working hard ... when you give them time
to slow down and "idle  around"  they get very erratic and weepy ...

10-4 on those leaky diaphrams  ....  buy them by the pack and keep the tools
to install a fresh one real handy in your travels ... in the same road E-box
as your Jitterbug phone,  flame flares, space blanket, short barreled 12
gauge, etc. etc.

I did install a ( Grose ? Jet ) double ball type float valve set in my 66
and that seemed to be an improvement in that area.

The YH is kinda disappointing, it is SO close to being a pretty good
carburetor.

just some trivia.. ken campbell, deltaguy