<VV> bumpers

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Fri May 22 12:04:09 EDT 2009

I had a pair of "presentable" bumpers for sale at the Buffalo convention,
with bumper guards for a late model. No one wanted them.
One person did ask if he could buy the guards off them.
I said, sure, for $50, same as I wanted for the bumpers with the guards.
but told him guaranteed to break off the bolts. if he tries removing them
without heat.
He didn't want them then.

Asked Bumper boys if they wanted to buy Corvair bumpers as "cores" they
said $5 each, if they were "clean". Meaning no brackets on them. So if
anyone in the Buffalo NY area needs cores...........I still got plenty.

Gary Swiatowy

From: rbuckridge at comcast.net
Subject: Re: <VV> bumpers

When I made up the auction ad for the bumpers, Clark's doesn't sell used
bumpers, but wants a core charge if you don't have one. Right now
(5-22-09)?on their web site, Clark's wants over $300 for a rechrome front
bumper and their is a $70 core charge. Each bumper bracket has a core
charge of $6.00 each X 4 = $24.00 in core charges for the brackets.

So as I read it, you buy a rechrome bumper ($311.45)?with the refinished
brackets (4 x $17.00 = $68.00)?from Clark's for $378.45 + shipping?and
don't have a good core to send him, you will lose $70.00 for the bumper +
$24.00 for the brackets = $94.00 in total core charges because you didn't
have a bumper with brackets to send him. At least that's the way I read it.

Shipping costs me $28.00 & $23.00 to send the two bumpers I sold on eBay.
Depends on where in the USA you are.

Clark's is not buying bumpers as far as I know, but these are the core
values he places on them.

The real sad part is I would have given these away if you stopped by my
house and asked for one. I almost listed these as 99 cent items,?but with
the way that eBay pushes Pay Pal, if I sold a 99 cent bumper and it costs
me $28.00 to ship, the net result would be I would have LOST $1.35 by the
time all monies changed hands because of eBay & Pay Pal fees. If I'm going
to lose money, I might as well toss them in the trash. And yes, I do offer
all buyers the option of picking up ANY ITEM they buy so they can save all
shipping costs.

Roy