<VV> Turbo Carb

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sat May 23 14:34:17 EDT 2009

 The YH can be made to work well, and I had no trouble doing so. However, if the goal is to get a buttload more air through the carb and make more boost, the YH has serious limitations. I've bored a couple, with some luck, but the SU is a major step out of the box in this respect. No way will a YH flow what a 2" SU flows.

And as far as the hole through a YH, it's pretty small for a 150-180HP engine. But then again, GM intended that small venturi to be the boost limiter. I remember measuring as much as 12" Hg vacuum between the YH and compressor inlet, and that's pretty damn restrictive.